»  Forum

»  Homepage
»  Media
»  Timeline
»  Team

»  Calendar
»  Register

»  Log Out

Titans of Ether » TITANS OF ETHER » News » June 2009 Update » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Go to the bottom of this page June 2009 Update « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

User Profil
Message: | composed: 11-07-2021 19:10 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
-Direhaggis- -Direhaggis- is a male

Titan of Ether
Favourite Ultima: Ultima 7 Black Gate

###**Job Postings**###

Interior Worldbuilders: we're always looking for more people who can do houses or dungeons.

Writers: with the exception of LSD, most of the writers to come on in the last few months have suddenly disappeared. While we could still use 1-2 people to work on Jhelom and help me with Moonglow, I only want serious applicants who can do at least 5 hours of writing a week.

###**Update**###

Direhaggis: As a side project, I worked on and finished Spektran. This was originally Kultan's assignment, but he's been absent for awhile now. The arabian theme of the island, the Sultan's eccentricities, and recent events come together in a way that will hopefully be fun. I also finished a few sequences involving the Britannian Merchant Consortium and the pirates of Buc's Den. My final bit of work into July has been doing Vesper, which is the last major area before the final part of the main game. As usual, you'll have multiple ways to finish quests here.

Jacar: Working on custom interior models for Empath Abbey Spektran, including the throne and other bits. He's also doing the interiors. His work so far has really captured the essence of the place. His machine self-destructed, but fortunately he had a backup with Blender. Let it never be said that catastrophic computer trouble will stop this game.

Spyder: Working on Empath Abbey interior (which is phenomenally gorgeous even by Spyder standards). He's also doing some interiors for Moonglow.

ArchChancellor: Just about finished with Despise. As I've mentioned in the past, I think people will find what he's done captivating.

Chris J: Finished his MA! Congratulations! He's now back to working on Yew dialogues.

Zini: Beyond some scripting, Zini unfortunately experienced the unpleasant, cattle prod-like shock of dual-wielding Unbuntu and Vista. As a former, mostly happy XP user and occasional Scientific Linux guy, I continue to be amazed at how many software problems crop up for Vista. So Zini is sorting that all out.

Corv: Produced a new version of the master and helped with behind-the-scenes stuff. I haven't downloaded it yet for fear of nuking my girlfriend's bandwith quota. I'll do that this coming week.

Sage: Continues to work on the Lycaeum as a writer. I don't want to spoil anything, but the old library's purpose has changed direction in an interesting way.

LSD: Though he's away on holiday/vacation, he's said he wants to continue writing Britain NPC's and anything else that comes to mind. That is dedication. I am more or less forbidden from bringing my laptop on vacation for this very reason--so I'm envious. (I mean where better to write Buc's Den than on a tropical beach with some rum? Ah well).

That's it for June. I apologize for the delay; work and vacation. See you next month.

Direhaggis
Lead Writer/Editor
2D Art
PROFILE :: EMAIL :: SEARCH :: BUDDY QUOTE :: EDIT :: REPORT

User Profil
Message: | composed: 12-07-2021 13:10 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
Fred-A.

Double Ace
Favourite Ultima: Ultima 2 Revenge of the Enchantress

Thanks DH: my usual reply to your report. I get the impression that the latest Britannia is getting to, or exceeding U7 like propertions, updated to modern graphics. My mind is already boggling with the complexity with which we will be faced when the game eventually becomes available. I am NOT joining a race to be the first to finish it!

Fred

Try XYZZY - it might work!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Fred-A.: 12-07-2021 13:10.

PROFILE :: SEARCH :: BUDDY QUOTE :: EDIT :: REPORT

User Profil
Message: | composed: 12-07-2021 19:13 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
Jacar Jacar is a male

images/avatars/avatar-85.png

Titan of Ether
Favourite Ultima: Ultima 7 Serpent Isle

@DH- IMO you should totally try and smuggle that laptop in your suitcase, that sounds like a magnificent place to tell the tale of Buccaneer's Den Tongue . I suppose you could always just write things down though.

Enjoy the great taste of wassail, in cans!

User Profil
Message: | composed: 12-07-2021 19:22 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
Argent

Keep up the great work, guys and gals.
PROFILE :: SEARCH :: BUDDY QUOTE :: EDIT :: REPORT

User Profil
Message: | composed: 13-07-2021 03:48 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen

Titan of Ether

Thread Starter Thread Started by -Direhaggis-

@Fred: it's hard to say at this point. I think it's close enough to the scale and complexity of an Ultima that Ultima fans will enjoy it. I have a vague sense of how a given player will feel about the (mostly) open-ended main quest, and the side quests I've done. It's definitely not going to be a short journey.

@Jacar: it's a 17", so that's not totally out of the realm of possibility. Only problem is finding a wall plug where there are no walls. Actually that'd make for a funny photograph, hm.

Direhaggis
Lead Writer/Editor
2D Art

User Profil
Message: | composed: 04-08-2021 17:52 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen

Titan of Ether

Thread Starter Thread Started by -Direhaggis-

Sorry again for the late update. I recently moved, have no internet at my new (or old) place, and work has been non-stop during the day. I'll try to post the update soon.

Direhaggis
Lead Writer/Editor
2D Art

Tree Structure | Board Structure
Titans of Ether » TITANS OF ETHER » News » June 2009 Update
Jump to:

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH