»  Forum

»  Homepage
»  Media
»  Timeline
»  Team

»  Calendar
»  Register

»  Log Out

Titans of Ether » TITANS OF ETHER » News » May 2009 Update » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Go to the bottom of this page May 2009 Update « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

User Profil
Message: | composed: 02-06-2021 05:05 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
-Direhaggis- -Direhaggis- is a male

Titan of Ether
Favourite Ultima: Ultima 7 Black Gate

###**Job Postings**###

Interior Worldbuilders: As the current interior crew can attest, the CS isn't that bad after awhile. We could use the help.

Writers: We're currently looking for people to write most of Jhelom, part of Moonglow, or one of the remaining dungeons.

###**Update**###

*Direhaggis: I finished the 'Ether' portion of the main quest, and all but the final scene of the 'Politics' part. There is now only one arm of the main narrative left: discovering and interacting with the last remaining rebel faction. That has the potential to go either very quickly, or to occupy 30-40 hours of writing (~1 month given 2 hours a day on average). After that, the penultimate portion of the game is relatively short, followed by the general Endgame and several endings. It's very close to the end, everyone. After that it's editing and interiors for me.

*LSD: One of our newer writers. He's been extremely productive before being busy for the better part of the summer. He's helped Sage and I populate Britain; done about 10 new NPCs. Off the top of my head, we've now got ~35 NPCs in Britain proper alone, so there's plenty to do in the capital.

*Chris J: Working on NPCs for Yew. Several old and new faces will be seen. Also a few books.

*Spyder: Did some minor tasks for Zini and just finished a big custom interior and related models. His next job is another custom interior.

*John Franklin: Doing interiors for a special new island.

Everyone else is either doing the same thing or has been away.

Direhaggis
Lead Writer/Editor
2D Art
PROFILE :: EMAIL :: SEARCH :: BUDDY QUOTE :: EDIT :: REPORT

User Profil
Message: | composed: 12-06-2021 20:22 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen

Titan of Ether

Thread Starter Thread Started by -Direhaggis-

So I finished the 'politics' section. I'm now working on what I think will be the last big quest before the final few parts of the main game. It's exciting to almost be done (and not so exciting to re-read and edit years of work after this).

Direhaggis
Lead Writer/Editor
2D Art

User Profil
Message: | composed: 13-06-2021 03:02 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
The Traveller

Triple Ace
Favourite Ultima: Savage Empire

So many milestones past...
IF by any chance this is ready by the time I´m finished with med school, I´m locking myself, put myself an IV and play until I have travelled all over freaking brittannia.

Ps: delivering babies IS NOT CUTE, it´s awesomely disgusting

I´m getting home sick...
- The Traveller -

User Profil
Message: | composed: 13-06-2021 18:45 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
The Unknown The Unknown is a male

Forum Ace
Favourite Ultima: Ultima Underworld

Its great to see that the game is near the Alpha stage! It seems all these months of work by part of the team, and support by part of the fans has its rewards. Keep up the good work guys! And by the way,

Cheers!

''Yeah, I known, I bought Fallout 3 and I liked it very much!''

Your well known friend,

The Unknown

User Profil
Message: | composed: 14-06-2021 12:14 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
Fred-A.

Double Ace
Favourite Ultima: Ultima 2 Revenge of the Enchantress

Yet more good news: the anticipation continues. I just hope that I can get used to the Morrowind control system which seems so "clunky" compared to Garriott's. But then, after a few hours exploring the newest Britannia, I will probably find it a breeze and wonder why I ever worried.

Fred

Try XYZZY - it might work!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Fred-A.: 14-06-2021 17:52.

PROFILE :: SEARCH :: BUDDY QUOTE :: EDIT :: REPORT

User Profil
Message: | composed: 15-06-2021 17:14 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
Argent

Hey there.

Been following the progress of Titans of Ether for awhile now. I admire your dedication, and offer my encouragement as many others have. I cannot wait to see the finished product.

You mentioned one thing in this update that gave me a little pause -- the multiple endings. Ultima never seemed like a game that lended itself to multiple endings (if I'm understanding you correctly). I'll continue to wait in anticipation, though, and trust you to do it correctly.

User Profil
Message: | composed: 15-06-2021 21:03 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen

Titan of Ether

We appreciate the encouragement, thank you all. It always helps!

@Argent-- U7:BG had two endings technically. Granted, one was just text and was the 'bad' ending, but it was nonetheless a choice the player could make.

I suppose our--or at least my--inspiration for having different endings was Planescape: Torment. Past U4, the player could always stay with or stray from the virtues as much as they wanted and still get through to the end. While that's perfectly fine, I think we all figured why not push the series forward a little.

As it stands currently, there are a range of endings that can be accomplished regardless of your alignment. There are certain endings that are accessible only if you consistently made 'good', 'evil', or pragmatic ('neutral') decisions about how you adhered or didn't adhere to the virtues.

For example: you can be a complete, loathsome, nasty creature to everyone and still have a hero's ending (albeit with perhaps slightly different text here and there versus if you'd been a paragon of virtue). Yet, because you were a nasty creature, there are 1 or 2 specific 'unlocked' endings that you can choose that are about as devoid of virtue and as pitch black as I can imagine. So even at the end, and especially at the end, you as a player always have a range of choices about what to do.

Since it's a mod, though, anyone could go in and fix it so that you just get 1 ending. And that's cool too.

Direhaggis
Lead Writer/Editor
2D Art

User Profil
Message: | composed: 17-06-2021 10:28 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
Xelasarg

images/avatars/avatar-32.gif

Favourite Ultima: Ultima 6 The False Prophet

Still alive and kickin' after all these years... Cool
I don't think I've ever seen a more ambitious fan project or a more dedicated dev team. Keep it up, this sounds more promising with every update we get. U9R will put Ascension to shame in every imaginable aspect. Great work!

Btw, has anyone ever visited Hacki Dragon's Ultima nitpick page? Big Grin

The denizens of this mystic place assault you without warning.
You see 99 Berserkers, 99 Berserkers, 99 Berserkers, and 99 Berserkers.

Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

User Profil
Message: | composed: 17-06-2021 18:08 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
Argent

Hello again.

Thanks for taking the time to provide some additional info, Direhaggis. On rereading, I certainly hope my multiple ending comment didn't come off as being critical (especially coming from some random "post count: 1" guy). It's probably just my own personal bias, particularly as someone who picked up the series at U4, but the concept of a bad avatar just seems a little foreign to me (though I know you could complete subsequent games being less than saintly, and even had to in several instances). Anyhow, that's simply to give some background information and not meant as criticism. Besides, it wouldn't be Ultima IX-related if there weren't differing opinions, right?

Xelasarg, I have seen Hacki's page, it's a good one. That might be the first place I read the Bob White plot, in fact... but don't quote me on that.

The dedication to the project is certainly admirable. Redemption is my most anticipated game in a long, long time. I'll be continuing to watch and wait.

User Profil
Message: | composed: 17-06-2021 21:44 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen

Titan of Ether

No worries. I take the opinions and ideas of regular contributors and newcomers alike seriously.

Direhaggis
Lead Writer/Editor
2D Art

User Profil
Message: | composed: 18-06-2021 05:47 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
John Franklin John Franklin is a male

Titan of Ether
Favourite Ultima: Ultima Underworld

wow, its nice to see that I've gotten to the position that the areas I'm working with are secret.

If I ruled the world... "Everyday would be the first day of Spring!"

User Profil
Message: | composed: 18-06-2021 17:58 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen

Titan of Ether

Not so much 'secret' as 'oh...I thought someone wrote more for this section'.

Direhaggis
Lead Writer/Editor
2D Art

User Profil
Message: | composed: 09-07-2021 16:14 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen

Titan of Ether

Hey everyone! I got back on Tuesday and have been working toward a work deadline ever since. I'm hoping to update you all on June 2009 before the weekend is out. That said, I can't promise anything--but it's going to be good!

Direhaggis
Lead Writer/Editor
2D Art

Tree Structure | Board Structure
Titans of Ether » TITANS OF ETHER » News » May 2009 Update
Jump to:

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH