»  Forum

»  Homepage
»  Media
»  Timeline
»  Team

»  Calendar
»  Register

»  Log Out

Titans of Ether » TITANS OF ETHER » News » April News Update » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Go to the bottom of this page April News Update « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

User Profil
Message: | composed: 02-05-2022 19:18 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
-Direhaggis- -Direhaggis- is a male

Titan of Ether
Favourite Ultima: Ultima 7 Black Gate

###**Job Postings**###

Interior Worldbuilders: the construction set for Morrowind is pretty easy to pick up, and we have many houses and other areas in need of interesting details. Contact Zini in the forum if you are interested.

Writers: it'd be optimal to have 1-2 additional people to help populate Jhelom, Moonglow, and possibly expand on the ~25 NPC's currently in the city of Britain. Jhelom has a problem with smugglers, whereas Verity Isle and Moonglow are ruled by the Cabal from their academy. Contact me in the forum or at Daath4242 at yahoo.com .

###**Update**###

LSD: he's one of our new team members and is helping me to make the city of Britain enormous and alive with unique NPC's. He's also the voice for the Guardian in game! Let me geek out for a second and say that it's so cool to hear a voice actor perform my dialogue. He's a multi-talented musician with access to a professional sound studio, so the recording quality will be superb.

Zini: finished all of the 'holes' in the exterior worldbuilding around Trinsic, and ended with the sultan's isle of Spektran. Let's just say it'll look far more cool than back in U7:BG. It also now has palm trees instead of that weird copse of conifers out in back of the castle. And yes, the eccentric sultan is still there.

Jacar: our long-awaited second 3D modeler has come! I've been impressed with how hard he's worked at developing his skills and the dedication he shows to the project. He's made fireplaces, sacrificial altars, knick-nacks, religious symbols, artifacts, and other custom jobs. Our team is lucky to have him and Spyder on-board, so that we can make U9R unique and beautiful.

John F: finished the main narrative stuff around Paws. If my memory is accurate (uh), he'll next be working on the interiors of the Serpent Spine Mountains. I've always loved the idea of nasty creatures inhabiting the bowels and above-the-bowels portions of the earth. There'll also be room for a sequence involving settling down for the night, kind of like what you would see in U6 whenever you went to bed.

Chris J: eagerly getting back into writing Yew NPC's. Some new and old faces will show up. It'll be an interesting collaboration, since I've written several Atarkans from the military for the main narrative.

Grogdon: Minoc is incredibly big. That big city? Grogdon is still perfecting his interiors for it.

AlcoholicPenguin: our drunk flightless web-footed worldbuilder is doing interiors for Yew.

Spyder: made some spectacular building models and a custom moongate for me. He's now doing custom interiors for locations in game that'll be interesting experiences for the Avatar. As always, it's amazing to see our ideas coalesce into these magnificent models.

Sage: mostly finished the highly intricate NPC's for the outskirts of Britain. Has now transitioned to working on NPC's for the Lycaeum. I won't spoil the surprises. You'll definitely like it and it's very Ultima; that's all I'll write.

Corv: providing technical support and ideas about design and the like. Also working on compiling the latest master file.

Direhaggis: I finished the 'Guardian's weakness' arm of the main narrative! I'm about 5 hours away from also finishing the 'Ether' portion. Probably 7-10 hours from completing the 'Politics' section, depending on how well I can channel Lord British, and how much detail to use for the Atarkan senate during an important sequence. The final part, the 'Rebellion' section, will take more time. Could be anywhere from 10-30 hours, depending as always on how many alternate quest paths I include, witty banter from party members, infernal ancient powers, not so ancient but still technically infernal critters, and blah blah blah. In a month or two, we'll be at the Endgame and then the many possible endings! Thank. God.

I'm also happy to announce we may have 1 or 2 new writers coming on board. Don't let that dissuade you from applying, though. There are plenty of opportunities to (make Direhaggis not bludgeon himself against a table by writing dozens of additional NPC's)/contribute to the world of U9R!

Direhaggis
Lead Writer/Editor
2D Art
PROFILE :: EMAIL :: SEARCH :: BUDDY QUOTE :: EDIT :: REPORT

User Profil
Message: | composed: 02-05-2022 23:40 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
Fred-A.

Double Ace
Favourite Ultima: Ultima 2 Revenge of the Enchantress

More exciting news. Our appetites continue to be whetted as you might expect.

Fred

Try XYZZY - it might work!
PROFILE :: SEARCH :: BUDDY QUOTE :: EDIT :: REPORT

User Profil
Message: | composed: 04-05-2022 22:10 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
Sunigator Sunigator is a male

Favourite Ultima: Ultima 8 Pagan

quote:
Originally posted by -Direhaggis-
the eccentric sultan is still there.

Yes! Big Grin

User Profil
Message: | composed: 04-05-2022 22:44 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
Tribun Dragon Tribun Dragon is a male

quote:
Originally posted by Sunigator
quote:
Originally posted by -Direhaggis-
the eccentric sultan is still there.

Yes! Big Grin

Sultan Martingo of Spektran. The man with an invisible harem and a fetish for bananas. That guy was hilarious and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us concerning him.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Tribun Dragon: 04-05-2022 22:45.

User Profil
Message: | composed: 05-05-2022 03:15 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
John Franklin John Franklin is a male

Titan of Ether
Favourite Ultima: Ultima Underworld

It'll be good to get out of a peaceful little village and work with mountains. That's where only the strongest and... n... nerdiest Interior cell builders survive.

If I ruled the world... "Everyday would be the first day of Spring!"

User Profil
Message: | composed: 05-05-2022 12:59 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
sslaxx sslaxx is a male

Forum Ace
Favourite Ultima: Ultima 5 Warriors of Destiny

Hooray, mountains! With lots of surprises within, I hope...

Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore
PROFILE :: EMAIL :: WEBSITE :: SEARCH :: BUDDY QUOTE :: EDIT :: REPORT

User Profil
Message: | composed: 05-05-2022 22:11 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen

Titan of Ether

Oh, I'll do my best for lots of surprises. Assuming I don't disrupt the chain o' command.

User Profil
Message: | composed: 05-05-2022 22:50 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
-Direhaggis- -Direhaggis- is a male

Titan of Ether

Thread Starter Thread Started by -Direhaggis-

We enjoy hell-raisin' just as much as you young'ins.

Direhaggis
Lead Writer/Editor
2D Art

User Profil
Message: | composed: 05-05-2022 22:57 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen

Titan of Ether

yee-ha! roundin' up the nix-hounds.

Tree Structure | Board Structure
Titans of Ether » TITANS OF ETHER » News » April News Update
Jump to:

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH