»  Forum

»  Homepage
»  Media
»  Timeline
»  Team

»  Calendar
»  Register

»  Log Out

Titans of Ether » ULTIMA » Ultima 1-3 » Questions about the Timelone » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Go to the bottom of this page Questions about the Timelone « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

User Profil
Message: | composed: 30-11-2021 01:37 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
Tygaran Tygaran is a male

Favourite Ultima: Ultima 7 Serpent Isle

I've been thinking of starting an Ultima project for this timeframe, and am curious about some of the entries that exist in the Timeline you have here. Is there some documentation anywhere as to what history comes from the games themselves and what entries were added?

Some specifics include the 3 liche-generals of Mondain and the change from 20 to 120 years before Exodus and the Isle of Fire appeared.
PROFILE :: EMAIL :: SEARCH :: BUDDY QUOTE :: EDIT :: REPORT

User Profil
Message: | composed: 01-12-2021 07:19 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
-Direhaggis- -Direhaggis- is a male

Titan of Ether
Favourite Ultima: Ultima 7 Black Gate

I've seen segments of the timeline floated around the internet for years. I believe Avatus originally compiled them, and I added or edited various sections. I had no hand in the specific tidbits you mentioned.

That said, there are Dragons out there with far more knowledge than I have about Ultima, particularly pre-U6 and any of the titles beyond the 'main' series.

Direhaggis
Lead Writer/Editor
2D Art

User Profil
Message: | composed: 04-12-2021 16:14 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
The Unknown The Unknown is a male

Favourite Ultima: Ultima Underworld

Thats very good. I would like to help you if you start an Ultima Project with an Engine I know to use, but I first haver to ask you something:

If you are making a new Ultima project,

1: What are you going to do about?

2: What engine are you going to use (perhaps I can help you)?

Thanks! And good luck to the Ultima Project Smile !

Your well known friend,

The Unknown

User Profil
Message: | composed: 04-12-2021 16:23 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen

Titan of Ether

U9R has a direct sequel called 'UX: The New King'. This was Corv's original project before he decided to team up with the old Redemption team under Avatus. Depending on the player's choice in U9R, the Age of the Guardian likely comes to an end. While the concepts are still under development, I think UX will:

*Have original problems the Avatar must confront that aren't like the traditional enemies of past games;
*Have a shorter main plot.

We don't currently have a preferred engine. It'd make sense to begin some development before the release of a particular software product--mostly writing, storyboarding, and planning.

Direhaggis
Lead Writer/Editor
2D Art

User Profil
Message: | composed: 04-12-2021 16:47 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
The Unknown The Unknown is a male

Favourite Ultima: Ultima Underworld

Thanks!

Your well known friend,

The Unknown

User Profil
Message: | composed: 06-12-2021 02:03 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen
Tygaran Tygaran is a male

Favourite Ultima: Ultima 7 Serpent Isle

Thread Starter Thread Started by Tygaran

quote:
Originally posted by -Direhaggis-
I've seen segments of the timeline floated around the internet for years. I believe Avatus originally compiled them, and I added or edited various sections. I had no hand in the specific tidbits you mentioned.

Hmm. I wonder who put up your timeline? The one I'm most familiar with is the one at Underworld Dragon's Notable Ultima; found at http://www.notableultima.com/history/Chr..._Britannia.html

Aside from the two notations I mentioned before, I noticed a couple other places were the timeline here diverges from that one.

User Profil
Message: | composed: 06-12-2021 17:11 Go to the top of this page Zum Ende der Seite springen

Titan of Ether

Like I wrote, it was a collaborative effort with Avatus. The head writer for the U6 project and I got into heavy discussion about a few points mentioned therein. So the timeline is mostly accurate, but it could stand to be nitpicked.

Direhaggis
Lead Writer/Editor
2D Art

Tree Structure | Board Structure
Titans of Ether » ULTIMA » Ultima 1-3 » Questions about the Timelone
Jump to:

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH