TITANS OF ETHER Forum Index TITANS OF ETHER
we develop worlds
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mod Database Top 100      hits:
McDonalds
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TITANS OF ETHER Forum Index -> Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Corv
Leader
Leader


Joined: 29 Jul 2021
Posts: 1055
Location: Tirol, Austria

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject: McDonalds

Uuhh, even writing this makes me feel really sick again.

I ate a McChicken on Monday and on Monday night I drove to the hosital because I had to trow up 10 times in 2 hours. I never in my life felt so bad, and I have quite some diseases behind me. Normally you feel better as soon as you threw up but it got worse and worse. So I had to stay in the hospital and now I am back gain. It wasnt the sandwich alone. Its also because my stomach was not in best shape becasue of my cold I had for a week now, but still I will never go to McDonalds again.
_________________
Corv Dragon
-=(UDIC)=-
Leader of The Titans of Ether
Director, Writer, Scripter and Worldbuilder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thepal
Knight
Knight


Joined: 01 Sep 2021
Posts: 147
Location: Gold Coast, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject:

McDonalds is nice ^_^

Besides, McDonalds (and other fast-food places) are the most hygenic restaurants there are. So if you don't want food poisoning then you should go to them.

Or maybe they are horrible in Austria. I keep basing these things off the Australian McDonalds (which actually seem to be healthy). Someone here did the thing like in Super Size Me (ate nothing but McDonalds). And the guy here lost weight and was healthier afterwards. I know that when I was eating McDonalds almost every day I was the healthiest I've ever been. I eat McDonalds almost every day at the moment too (and have been for about a month). And I feel better than I have in years. Hmm... maybe that would explain why I'm suddenly out-performing everyone at the gym who used to be better than me...
_________________
-==Thepal==-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Xodus
Book Writer



Joined: 16 Sep 2021
Posts: 143
Location: San Francisco

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Burger King >> McDonalds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Corv
Leader
Leader


Joined: 29 Jul 2021
Posts: 1055
Location: Tirol, Austria

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Well I have enough of McDonalds. And I have enough of being sick. I dont get sick very often, but you can say that I am sick for 3 weeks now...

When I was in the US I ate at much better Fastfood Restaurants than McDonalds and BurgerKing.
_________________
Corv Dragon
-=(UDIC)=-
Leader of The Titans of Ether
Director, Writer, Scripter and Worldbuilder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thepal
Knight
Knight


Joined: 01 Sep 2021
Posts: 147
Location: Gold Coast, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:49 am    Post subject:

There's nothing better than McDonalds
_________________
-==Thepal==-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Withstand the Fury
Titans of Ether Fan
Titans of Ether Fan


Joined: 31 Aug 2021
Posts: 84
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject:

I've always appreciated Harvey's - I think it's the underrated underdog.

I mean, can you beat their motto?

Meat. Fire. Good. - how much more base can you get?

Wink WtFD
_________________
Project Lead: Worlds of Ultima: Lost Sosaria
Editor-in-Chief: Ultima: Aiera
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Break Man
Knight
Knight


Joined: 10 Sep 2021
Posts: 141

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:17 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I ate a McChicken on Monday and on Monday night I drove to the hosital because I had to trow up 10 times in 2 hours. I never in my life felt so bad, and I have quite some diseases behind me. Normally you feel better as soon as you threw up but it got worse and worse. So I had to stay in the hospital and now I am back gain. It wasnt the sandwich alone. Its also because my stomach was not in best shape becasue of my cold I had for a week now, but still I will never go to McDonalds again.


Uh. I'm not a doctor, but I know enough about the digestive system that I know a sandwich couldn't make you throw up so much in a short time... Well, that's not true actually. If it happened within 1-3 hours of eating the sandwich, then it must've been coincidence, and it had nothing to do with the McChicken. Afterwards... Yeah, you'd be right to accuse the sandwich. Because after the thing is digested, it takes a lot for your stomach to try to get it out, and even then it still might not manage to do it.

Having worked in fast food before... I can vouch to say that your McDonalds has to be one dirty place. Maybe Austria's health inspections are more lenient, which is bad, but regardless, if the meat was tainted it would have to be done deliberately in the time it took to cook and then served. Otherwise there would've been a public warning about shipped tainted meat.

And as a side note... I prefer Wendy's. I can't stand Burger King's hamburger meat and McDonalds doesn't quite have the right stuff on their menu...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mayday
Ex Team Member
Ex Team Member


Joined: 16 Sep 2021
Posts: 26

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject:

If you've seen the movie "Super Size Me" there's a bit about the McNuggets which basicly says that they get the chicken, cut out the Non-Meat parts and grind everything to a pulp. McD is a corporation, they sell what is getting bought, and not what is healthy - same with a lot other fast food chains. As for the digestive system not responding to a single sandwich - some people can't eat their tomatoes without removing the skin - it sticks to the stomach wall and forces the throw-up reflex. Anything could have been the cause here - and the McD food doesn't help on a sore stomach.

Mayday
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Corv
Leader
Leader


Joined: 29 Jul 2021
Posts: 1055
Location: Tirol, Austria

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Break Man wrote:


Uh. I'm not a doctor, but I know enough about the digestive system that I know a sandwich couldn't make you throw up so much in a short time... Well, that's not true actually. If it happened within 1-3 hours of eating the sandwich, then it must've been coincidence, and it had nothing to do with the McChicken. Afterwards... Yeah, you'd be right to accuse the sandwich. Because after the thing is digested, it takes a lot for your stomach to try to get it out, and even then it still might not manage to do it.

Having worked in fast food before... I can vouch to say that your McDonalds has to be one dirty place. Maybe Austria's health inspections are more lenient, which is bad, but regardless, if the meat was tainted it would have to be done deliberately in the time it took to cook and then served. Otherwise there would've been a public warning about shipped tainted meat.

And as a side note... I prefer Wendy's. I can't stand Burger King's hamburger meat and McDonalds doesn't quite have the right stuff on their menu...


It was not withing the first 2 hours after I ate it but 2 hours later and from then on 2 hours, but that doesnt matter. I hope you understand that I trust the opinion of the doctors Wink (the hospital in Innsbruck is world-wide known for the excellence of the doctors - also American doctors come here to study).

The Austrian inspectors are very exact. You all have a wrong impression about it, but I am not going to tell you about how Austira "works" here now. Fact is tht it can happen everywhere, no matter how clean it is or what inspectors do. But I think that in a fast food restaurand where everything has to be *fast* and people maybe often dont have time to wash their hands before making a salad after they touched raw meat is more likely to be "dangerous" than others.

But anyway, I let you guys continue to discuss here about your favourite fast food places and about how clean it all is. I just wanted to let you know about it. Maybe you can add some Ultima lore into it and ask yourself what the Gueardian maybe has to do with it. And who knows maybe it was an attack of the Killrathi? Or the Orcs returnded.... Oh damn, I guess I wasnt humble enough in the past and it was a warning from a Titan (ok now go on and bad mouth me about mixing up the lore Wink ). j/k

I am working on some landscape now...
_________________
Corv Dragon
-=(UDIC)=-
Leader of The Titans of Ether
Director, Writer, Scripter and Worldbuilder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mayday
Ex Team Member
Ex Team Member


Joined: 16 Sep 2021
Posts: 26

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject:

I know!! McDonalds is the secret Guardian plot to subvert the Earth!! Oh by the gods, we must avoid eating there at all cost, they're poisoning everyone who has knowledge of the Guardian.....


Run for yer lives!!! ayeeeeeee......

;P
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Break Man
Knight
Knight


Joined: 10 Sep 2021
Posts: 141

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:42 am    Post subject:

Quote:
It was not withing the first 2 hours after I ate it but 2 hours later and from then on 2 hours, but that doesnt matter. I hope you understand that I trust the opinion of the doctors Wink (the hospital in Innsbruck is world-wide known for the excellence of the doctors - also American doctors come here to study).


Believe it or not, my distrust for doctors has saved my life once.

I had an ingrown toenail once. The doctor fixed it with a small medical tool, and then prescribed some medication "in case of infection." I didn't like the sound of that, especially when the skin wasn't even broken in. After looking up on the internet, I found out that these same pills were used for symptoms that sometimes occur after stomach surgery. (I believe they were designed to increase the amount of digestive acids.) Later, I consulted some people I know and looked up a bit on what the pill did. If I took the pill, I would've risked a condition where my stomach would eat itself alive. (I forgot what it's called... But it's the same condition you suffer when you go hungry for a long period of time and the acids burn through your stomach.) Needless to say, I got a very different description from my doctor, and I was even berated as being "ignorant and uneducated in medical arts" for believing the judgement of everyone else. The pills went in the garbage, and I've gone about 4 years with absolutely no infections in my toe.

I never trusted doctors since. I've had some good ones though, but never one that wasn't worth checking up on his work to check for mistakes. The one I listed above was the worst, but I still find minor things doctors seem to neglect. But those are unrelated stories...

I live near Boston. Boston medical centers are supposedly the best in the planet, since everyone from all over the world go there just to recieve the training. And if a doctor graduated from a Boston school can truly be so stupid/pompous, then I have no faith for others.

But this was not the case today... Just giving an excuse for why I was offering medical advice. Very Happy

Quote:
But I think that in a fast food restaurand where everything has to be *fast* and people maybe often dont have time to wash their hands before making a salad after they touched raw meat is more likely to be "dangerous" than others.


That is breaking a big health code there, at least in the U.S. it is. People whom prepare food in a restaurant or store are required to also wear rubber gloves. If they don't wear them, and also forgot to wash their hands, that's too far to be a simple mistake. Also, different people make the salads as opposed to those whom cook/handle the raw meat. This goes for everything, as a means to prevent cross-contamination. (You'll notice that nobody working at the grill will make you your fries, nor will anyone cooking chicken pour your soda.) This is true for Burger King, McDonalds, and Wendy's here.

Sure accidents happen though... But why does that warrant you to never eat there again? Just complain and get whoever made that McChicken fired. You will have saved anyone else to be hurt by said cook's incompetance and you have a reason to continue eating McDonalds' food.

Quote:
If you've seen the movie "Super Size Me" there's a bit about the McNuggets which basicly says that they get the chicken, cut out the Non-Meat parts and grind everything to a pulp. McD is a corporation, they sell what is getting bought, and not what is healthy


Bad example. Chicken is actually a very healthy source of food. Razz The only thing in fast food meals that is unhealthy would be the salts and batter they put in the beef and chicken. And even then, there are far worse things you can eat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frank
Ultima Fan
Ultima Fan


Joined: 07 Dec 2021
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:22 am    Post subject:

Mayday wrote:
I know!! McDonalds is the secret Guardian plot to subvert the Earth!! Oh by the gods, we must avoid eating there at all cost, they're poisoning everyone who has knowledge of the Guardian.....


Run for yer lives!!! ayeeeeeee......

;P


Nah that's starbucks you're thinking of :p

I prefer Goodtimes myself but when I can't get that I go with wendy's!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
-Direhaggis-
Lead Dialogue Writer
Lead Dialogue Writer


Joined: 17 Sep 2021
Posts: 323

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:55 am    Post subject:

So I'm the type of person that decided to boycott McDonald's in the states way back when. So I hadn't had anything at one of their establishments for nigh on a decade.

While coming back from Detroit about 2 weeks ago, it was 2am, I was lost, and thankfully the giant oasis mini-plex food thingie near O'Hare was open. Trouble was the only thing there was a McDonald's. And just like Corv, I ordered a set of McNuggets and fries.

Thankfully, unlike Corv, I only felt vaguely like I had cancer. But more importantly, it all tasted like cardboard. Maybe it's childhood memories or something, but didn't the fries used to taste like..fries? And I remember those few special McNuggets that'd be savory, delectable, not those completely dried out ones you had to dunk in sauce.

So I don't know what happened over the last decade, but I think packing material would taste better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Break Man
Knight
Knight


Joined: 10 Sep 2021
Posts: 141

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Might be just the establishment itself. I've noticed that sometimes the franchise itself isn't the case, but rather the person actually cooking the food. (Think of it... All beef is relatively the same until someone cooks and seasons it.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
-Direhaggis-
Lead Dialogue Writer
Lead Dialogue Writer


Joined: 17 Sep 2021
Posts: 323

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject:

That could well be the case, since there are variations in preparation and cooking time even at fast food places.
_________________
Direhaggis
Lead Writer/Editor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TITANS OF ETHER Forum Index -> Tavern All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001 phpBB Group

Chronicles phpBB2 theme by Jakob Persson (http://www.eddingschronicles.com). Stone textures by Patty Herford.